GREENandSAVE.com is pleased to offer our members and website visitors original content that helps all of us save money and the environment. In addition to our ongoing research and writing on energy saving and home remodeling, we have partnered with THE GREAT GREEN HOME SHOW to offer you content like this that includes script excerpts from the weekly radio show. GREENandSAVE.com offers the exclusive world-wide on-demand access to the audio files, so you can now read and also listen for FREE to any of the shows at anytime. You can also learn about the show’s co-hosts Paul and Doug.
Click here to listen to the show of your choice:
The following content is from THE GREAT GREEN HOME SHOW #1.
The content of the GGHS is solely the responsibility of the ECF and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of WILM, its sponsors or Clear Channel Radio. Any rebroadcast, reproduction or use of the Great Green Home Show or its contents without written permission from the Green Fox, Paul Hughes, Doug Hunt, Aunt Jean, Brenna Wallace, Brooke Chase, the Watson Brothers, The Snap and the Sin City Band is strictly prohibited.
Listener Letters & E-mail (Paul) – 8 Minutes Sponsored by: myecoagent.com
- D -“Our first question comes from Mary Wheatley of Wilmington. Mary asks, ‘I’m interested in learning more about being “GREENer”. Where can I get information? Where do I start?’. P – 1) This show 2) myecoagent.com 3) Search internet w keywords such as Hybrid Cars, Solar Power, Carbon Footprints, etc.
- D - “Our second question comes from John Belchik of Newark. John asks, ‘I’m buying a new refrigerator and I want to know how I should go about choosing the right model. Can you offer any advice?’. P - 1) Energy Star 2) LG Model 3) Propane 4) Solar
- D - “Our third question comes from Roberto Garcia of New Castle. Roberto asks, ‘Is there a huge difference between the filters available for my heater? And if so, are any of them better for the environment than the others?’ I’ll take this one – 1) Disposable Fibergalss 2) Pleated “Allergy” 3) Permanent, washable electrostatic
- D - “Our next question comes from Belinda Marciewski of Wilmington. Belinda wants to know ‘How far away are we from having totally electric cars?’ P - 1) Already here, 100K 2) EV Cars 3) “Who Killed Electric Cars?” 4) Electric was actually first 5) Canada truck 6) Tesla
- D - “Our last questions comes from Doug Hunt of North Wilmington…Hey that’s me! I see an ever growing selection of “organic produce at the supermarket. What is the real difference between organic and not organic produce and is it worth paying the extra money for the organic stuff? P – That may be the dumbest question I’ve ever heard! Just kidding. D – Well I researched it and it turns out 1) definition of organic 2) better for us and the planet
“Thanks to myecoagent.com for sponsoring this weeks Listener Letters. Remember, we’ll answer your questions too. Simply e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them by regular mail to The Great Green Home Show – ATTN: Listener Letters, P.O. Box 822, Claymont, DE 19703-0822”
Weekly Green Hero (Doug & Paul) – 2:00
“This week’s Green Hero comes to us from Mexico. It seems that a professional wrestler from our neighbor to the south has began to wrestler with the environment. To bring you more on this story, we go to Professor Cleatus T. Beaumont, our forensic roadkill pathologist who’s on location in Mexico. Professor?”
Commercial Break – 3:40