Our GREENandSAVE Team is pleased to share information like this about sustainability solution providers. If you would like to submit information on your company, please contact us.
TIME TO ACT: Save 20% or more on HVAC. It’s important now more than ever for a sustainable future!
Optimizing PTAC units with a “smart” device is a fast, easy, and cost-effective way to achieve Residential HVAC Energy Savings. A Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner is a type of self-contained heating and air conditioning system commonly found in: Hotels, Motels, Senior Housing Facilities, Hospitals, Condominiums, Apartment Buildings, and Add-on Rooms & Sunrooms.
Business owners and homeowners face increasing challenges with energy costs to save energy and money in New York. PTAC Energy Saver offers an Adaptive Climate Controller (ACC). It is a proven HVAC energy saving device that quickly installs on PTAC units. There are many companies that claim to produce energy savings, but the ACC device is multi-panted and proven over many years. Plus, it has extensive validation tests by organizations such as:
- ConEdison, Manhattan Plaza New York City
- Environmental Test Laboratory, Ohio
- EME Consulting Engineers (Third Party), Sponsored by NYSERDA, New York
- State University of New York, Oneonta, NY
- Tim Garrison (Third Party Testing)
- McQuay Cooling Tests
- Purdue University Tests (Phoenix)
- ConEdison Tests by ERS
Typically, when an HVAC system turns off, shortly after, the blower fan motor turns off. The ACC reprograms the blower fan not to shut off but to throttle back the rpm airflow to an exceptionally low speed, quiescent level airflow or “idle speed”. This allows for a gentle but continuous air movement into the building that helps keep equilibrium of climate conditions in the occupied space and saved energy.
PTAC Energy Saver can help you navigate the complexity of HVAC energy saving choices: CONTACT PTAC Energy Saver
Here is an example of some Residential HVAC Energy Saving info for New York:
PEARL RIVER, NY June 29, 2022 10 a.m. --- As we begin another hot summer season, Orange & Rockland reminds customers they can take advantage of energy savings opportunities in their homes and businesses to cushion against rising costs.
The company offers robust energy efficiency programs to help customers stay comfortable and save energy. In addition, Orange & Rockland offers tips where customers can look in their homes and businesses to find energy savings.
“Every home and business has the potential to reduce its energy usage,” said Charmaine Cigliano, O&R’s director of Energy Efficiency Programs. “We want to help our customers identify those opportunities, so that they can save money and lower their carbon footprint. Our customers are great partners in our efforts to reduce the amount of energy it takes to power our service area in New York.”
Using energy wisely is more important at a time when energy costs are rising across the United States. Customers who conserve during the summer help Orange & Rockland keep its service reliable for everyone.
O&R customers can stay cool and save all summer by following these money-saving conservation tips:
- Set your air conditioner to the highest comfortable temperature. Every degree you lower the thermostat increases costs;
- Close off rooms that are unoccupied while your AC is running. If you’re in the living room with the AC, close off the other rooms;
- If you run a business, keep your door closed while the AC is running;
- To reduce heat and moisture in your home, run appliances such as ovens, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers in the early morning or late at night when it’s cooler outside;
- When the AC is running, close doors to keep cool air in and hot air out;
- Keep shades, blinds and curtains closed. About 40 percent of unwanted heat comes through windows;
- Even when using AC, use ceiling and other fans to provide additional cooling and better circulation;
- Turn off ACs, lights and other appliances when not at home and use a timer to turn on your AC about a half-hour before arriving home;
- Keep AC filters clean.
For this summer, O&R is offering residential and small business customers discounts for buying an eligible smart thermostat and $85 for registering it with O&R's Bring Your Own Thermostat (BYOT) Program. Replacing an old air conditioner with a new efficient heat pump can make your home more comfortable and more efficient, while helping you save on your energy bill year-round.
Orange & Rockland is offering incentives for commercial and industrial customers. They include rebates and incentives for making your business more energy efficient, including high efficiency lighting, HVAC upgrades, and custom designed projects.
Small and medium-size businesses can get a free, no-obligation energy assessment of their facility. O&R will pay up to 70 percent of the cost for qualified energy saving measures and customers can take advantage of our zero percent financing offer.
Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc. (O&R) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. O&R is a regulated utility that provides electric service to approximately 300,000 customers in southeastern New York State (where its franchise name is Orange & Rockland) and northern New Jersey (where it’s Rockland Electric Company), and natural gas service to approximately 130,000 customers in New York.