Window and Door manufacturing giant JELD-WEN has just released some of the homeowner trends they foresee in 2009, and apparently, it is a whole new world out there. This year’s trends will be unlike those in recent memory as housing prices are plummeting and homeowners are looking to save both money and their time. Style and decoration considerations have been largely thrown out the window as homeowners look to more practical goals, such as increasing their homes value, lowering their stress, and considering the environment when the home.
The latest trends from JELD-WEN include:
- Eco-Minded or Economics: 2009 Brings Balance of Both Mainstream and Green
- The Stress Free Home
- Waste Not, Want Not: Homeowners Squeeze More out of Existing Spaces
- New options are readily available to homeowners and builders that allow them to “go green” without devastating their pocketbooks.
- With debts mounting and personal wealth falling, Americans are feeling more stressed out than they ever have in the past. They are looking for low-maintenance solutions that afford them more free time.
- With less people moving into a new home, many Americans are making do with the space they’ve got by converting attics or basements as well as outdoor living spaces. These projects offer increased floor plan flexibility.
“The ‘Flip’ mentality of a few years ago has disappeared,” says JELD-WEN product marketing manager Brian Hedlund. “Now people are putting their own personal priorities – rather than resell value – first. That means making their current home as comfortable as possible.” And it could not have come at a better time. With climate change and sustainability largely ignored for the last two decades, Americans have now come face-to-face with the fact that living like there’s no tomorrow requires that at some point tomorrow doesn’t come. Putting off what is important for the future in order to fulfill short-term profits has led the United States into this mess, and in accord with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Americans are finally seeing the benefit of sustainability.
Whether you fall into just one or all three of the above categories, you can find solutions to these problems at GREENandSAVE.com. They offer their Return on Investment Table, which informs homeowners how they can best utilize their money and time to save on utilities now. It is sure to reduce your stress, while buoying your pocketbook.
GREENandSAVE.com is a free resource for anyone that wants to save energy, money, and the environment. The articles, product reviews, online tools, and return on investment calculations are researched from a diverse range of public and private sector sources. Overall, the company is passionate about saving money as well as creating healthy homes, offices, and lifestyles.
For more information on how to improve your home without depleting your savings, take a look at GREENandSAVE.com for some Green Home Remodeling projects. Or, for some specific information on a product that will save you tons of money in just about no time, take a look the G&S article on Programmable Thermostats.